This whole escapade started because my husband Martin and I started to feel a little left out when most, or should we say ALL our friends started having babies. Not kidding it was the Baby Boomers era TAKE 2. But really, we love all of our friends children as if they were our own. But that's just it. They're not our own. Sure, we can pick them up and take them out to do fun stuff and have pool days and give them lots of yummy candy and ice cream before we send them home to mom and dad. But that's just it. We had to send them home. We don't get to have family dinners, fun bath times, tuck them in at night and teach them to say their prayers. Its a huge void in our marriage. I feel it, and I know he does too.
Now, We're creeping up on 30 here. We don't have much time. We really need to get this whole parenting thing going before we are buying two packs of diapers at the store. One for baby, and one for us. Don't get me wrong, I understand that thirty is not that old. (I say that now. Ask me when I was 9 and being thirty meant you must have been birthed by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.) But having a child at thirty, means you're close to fifty when they graduate high school. Fifty five to sixty when they finish college and settle down to start a families of their own. (I know, wishful thinking in today's society huh-Sad.) That means though, that when I get to experience being a grandmother, the kids will practically have to pry my butt off the rocking chair.
I don't know why I've always dreamt of being a young grandma. Maybe because I see my mom doing fun stuff with Hunter, whom by the way you'll be hearing a lot about throughout this blog. Also, my best friend Candice's mom, Connie. She's in her, lets just be nice and say early forty's *wink-wink* and she has a blast with her grandchildren. She's young at heart and a little accident prone for the most part. But even when the kids step on her screws or leave bruises on her legs from climbing the human jungle gym known as Gramma Connie, she smiles, laughs and absolutely loves it.
That's what I want.
So the time is now.
I've met with my doctors many times over the last year and so far, none of the simple "try this, then that" stuff has worked. Time to bring out the big guns. I finally got my referral to the Infertility doctor. Uh Oh! Yup, I said it. Infertility. The big 'I' word. I know, scary huh? Wake up people! Infertility affects 6.1 million people in the United States. It breaks down to 1 in 10 couples in which the woman is of reproductive age. This number demonstrates that infertility affects a large percentage of our population. We can't be scared of it. There have been major advances in this area to help men and women all over this nation, to have the families they have always dreamed of. With God on my side and a little help from Dr. Salem and his team at the Pacific Reproductive Center, I can definitely see babies in our future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Just curious, but why not adoption? I know it's not the same as having your own, but there are so many kids out there with out families. You could always do a private adoption so you don't have to deal with as much paper work and waiting periods.
ReplyDeleteAdoption is not an option right now. They just started their journey. I am sure eventually if after a certian time they can not get pregnant and Dr. say "there is no more i can do to help". Then adoption would their first option. But that wont happen bc she is strong and god has a special plan for them. =)
ReplyDeleteHey... No news isn't good news... What's going on? Is this a post every 3 months site or what kiddo?
ReplyDelete